.

.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Postcard Swap (Finally!) and a Week of Day of the Dead Goodness to Come

Hello random people stumbling upon my blog! (Since I am pretty positive I do not have anyone regularly checking out my blog yet- maybe my sister. But that's it.) 
I have returned to my Sugar Skull blogging world! Long hiatus, I know. I have been caught up mostly reading other blogs rather than writing on my own! 
But since I just have SO MUCH to share now, I better catch up! 
I want to finally share images and info about the 
that I participated in this summer. 
It was organized by Shannon, of the blog Musings on Realities.
We were given 10 names and addresses, and our info was given to 10 people.
I received some AWESOME postcards in the mail.
And they're now decorating our craft/spare room as bunting!

Love these blue images

Blue dog and Eiffel Tower!

Pardon the blurriness- I took the photo while it was hanging on the wall


Hearts!

Watercolors and fabric backgrounds!

And hanging above the closet!


And of course, in accordance with my obsession that is everything Day of the Dead and sugar skulls, the postcards that I made all had...
felt sugar skulls on them!!!
WOOOOO!!!
I used white cardstock and some handmade paper that I bought at World Market
as well as some paper napkins I got from Marshall's with no particular craft in mind,
but I knew I would find a use for them!
I used the cardstock, paper, and napkins as the base and backgrounds of the cards.

I cut skull shapes from different colored sheets of felt, then used wool roving and a felting needle to add on the details.

I used paper punches to make the mini "papel picado" bunting, and then strung yarn through and tied it to the cards. 










The swap was really cool, and it was fun anticipating the postcards coming in the mail :-)
I would def participate in the swap again next year. 
Some of my swap partners even emailed me and commented on my blog :-)

So I hope these photos of my cards sent and received were all enjoyed.
More Day of the Dead goodness to come soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment