.

.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Some Handmade Love for the Mamas in my Life

Mother's Day was just this last weekend
and BF and I went to see our mamas.
And I made them some cool stuff! :-)

Here are the cards I made my mom and BF's mom.
I used:
- cardstock
- scrapbook paper
- heart punch
- decorative scissors
- 3D Zots



This is the one I made for my grandma.
I used more card stock I had in my craft supply stash, 
as well as some buttons and some Martha Stewart cards
I purchased once on clearance.
Now these Zots things are pretty flipping' cool.
I got the 3D ones because I wanted everything popping off of the page.
They were too big for the hearts though so I had to cut them down which was a tad difficult because they were so sticky.
I think I might check and see if they sell smaller ones the next time I go to Michael's.


This card that I made my mom was for sure my fave.
I got my inspiration from here.

Now this beauty I made for BF's mom.
I think it is super cute! 
She's a teacher and it was also Teacher Appreciation week,
so I think a Mod Podged clipboard was pretty appropriate!

Mrs. H. on the back.
I wish a had use for a clipboard so I could make myself one!

And my last project is a yarn wreath made for my awesome mama.
I used:
- a wooden wreath frame from Michael's
- yarn
- felt
- glue gun
- scraps from old t-shirts

I wrapped the frame until it was to my liking and all of the spaces and gaps were filled in.

The two little rosettes on the side I made with t-shirt scraps.
This tutorial was uber helpful. They used sticky-backed felt though, and I just used the regular stuff.

The flower turned out really cool, even though it kind of took a while.
All of that dang hot glue man :-/
But I was happy with how it turned out.
And my mom thought it was really cool!
Here is another awesome tutorial that I followed to make the flower.

I hope you like my little crafty crafts! Cause I sure had fun making them! 



3 comments:

  1. I love all your mother's day projects, especially the pretty yarn wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is so pretty! I love the colors. All of your cards are so cute! I love the button and hearts one the best. I'm visiting from the Liz Marie link party. Have a wonderful day! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brooke! My mom loved the wreath :-)

    You're so sweet Jamie! Liz Marie's linky party has so many great posts from awesome people!

    ReplyDelete