.

.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Coachella Fest and my sweet barefoot sandals

Jeez! It feel like I just got back from Coachella, 
and they already posted this pic on their Facebook page this morning

Am I ready to buy tickets again so soon after this year's Festival??

....YES! 
Coachella is such a crazy/awesome/ridiculous experience 
and as long as I have the money and time to go, I will.

However, since I still have not posted anything about this year's Fest, 
I figured now is as good a time as ever to do so.

We got a shot of us in front of the 2010 poster,
which was mine and the gal pal's first Fest.
But then we forgot to get one of all of us in front of the 2012 sign! Whoops!



Ready with our wristbands!
The instructions about putting them on were really adamant
about not effing up the bracelets, so we were super cautious with putting them. :-P
It would be a big hassle and cost you more money if you did it wrong. 
Good thing we did it correctly! Ha.


BF was SOOOO excited! He has been wanting to go to Coach
for years but had always had other obligations during that time.
I was so glad we were able to have the experience together
this year. :-)


Chillin right after we got in to the grounds. And the BF messing around.

At Coachella I always try to wear thing that I I think express my personality,
but that I can't necessarily wear to work or on an average day.
Same w the gal pal and the bf. 
Hence his supah cool Volcom tank I bought him. ;-)
Can't really wear that to the office, now can you?


We were checking out Dada Life at the Sahara tent when we took this one.
And this one.

Now isn't she just the cutest? Lol.
Super smart too. About to start a PhD program. Holla! ;-)

There was a huge T-Rex made out of recyclables to encourage people to recycle plastics, paper, etc.
while at the Fest. 

Such amazing photography skills I have, right? ;-)
I'll credit the cool photo apps I used at the end of this post.



Awwww yeeaaahhh! Our awesome braids, courtesy of me! :-)

OMG. 
And here I am after seeing Justice,
the French DJ duo that changed my life.
Seriously, their performance was right off my bucket list.
They were badass. I'll upload the vid just as soon as the dang thing finishes uploading 
to YouTube.

Ah! Now here is my crafty creation
that I made especially for the Festival. :-)
Barefoot Sandals! I whipped them up probably in about an hour or so.
I found a fairly simple tutorial on Lion Brand's website
and got right to work with some leftover yarn I had.
I think they turned out pretty cool! I wore them the second day during Justice's performance.
I altered the pattern slightly, by increasing the initial chain 
so I could wrap it all the way around my ankle.
And I made the chain to wrap around my toe a tad longer too.

Sooo...photo apps that I used in this post and plan to keep using:
Thanks App Creators!

No comments:

Post a Comment